STATEMENT #1 COVID 19
Date: Tuesday, 17 March 2020
To: All Members, Staff Members & Coaches
From: CrossFit Tropics Management
Subject: Statement No 1 – COVID-19
CrossFit Tropics wishes to advise our valued members and visitors that all our fitness locations will remain “business as usual” at this point in time. We are aware of the advice from the Federal Government regarding gatherings of more than 500 people, issued 13 March 2020 and taking effect Monday 16 March 2020. At any point in time during our regular business operations our numbers at any location do not reach this limit.
CrossFit Tropics Management have considered this advice, as well as the advice available from both the Federal and State health authorities and have determined that our business will continue, however with some changes which will be addressed further in this statement.
We want to reassure our community that we are closely monitoring the Commonwealth and QLD Government updates and advice regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we will advise any changes to our position via our official communication channels (as detailed further in this statement) as soon as they come to hand.
We all play a part in maintaining a healthy and hygienic environment for our team, community and families.
If I am sick?
We ask that you remain at home if you show any flu-like symptoms. These symptoms include but may not be limited to:
- Sore throat
- Aching body
- Runny nose
If you are experiencing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, please follow all up-to-date medical advice and see your doctor.
If I contract the COVID-19 virus?
If you have been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus, please ensure you follow all medical advice, including isolation guidelines.
Please contact us via email immediately so that we can inform other members that you may have been in contact with, to get tested. (We will keep your information anonymous unless otherwise required).
Practising Good Hygiene remains the BEST practice.
What WE as a business are doing:
- Increased Hospital grade disinfectant spray bottles and paper towel around the box
- Supply of hand sanitiser throughout the box
- Removal of ALL communal stretch mats (please supply your own personal mat if required)
- Increased equipment cleaning (weights, cardio & any other equipment) – warm soapy water followed by disinfectant
- No towel, No train policy– staff will be requesting to see your towel upon arrival
- We will be limiting participants in each class – 1.5m space between each participant
- Strict hygiene procedures prior and post class
- Water bubblers will no longer be available – please bring own water
- We will be vigilant in disinfecting ALL shared incidental equipment such as, but not limited to:
- Clip boards
- Door handles
What YOU can do:
- Bring a towel and use it on ALL equipment
- Use the supplied disinfectant spray bottle supplied and wipe both PRIOR and POST equipment use such as, but not limited to:
- Cardio equipment
- Pull-up bars/rig
- Kettle bells
- Wall balls
- Do not share water bottle, stretch mats and/or towels with any other participant
- Carry hand sanitiser (where possible) and use to ensure your hands are thoroughly cleaned.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes, and ensure you wash your hands afterwards.
- Follow all directions and medical recommendations, as advised by the Federal and State Governments, to contain the spread of the virus.
- If unwell, avoid contact with others, stay more than 1.5 metres from people
- Let us know if you have concerns about any other member/participants showing symptoms of being ill
Further Updates and Information Sharing
As previously stated, we will endeavour to release information as it comes to hand, via the channels below:
- Social media channels, such as Facebook and Instagram
- Displayed at CrossFit Tropics
- Feel free to contact Strand Fitness North Shore at any time
Our cleaning and hygiene policies and procedures are constantly being reviewed and updated and followed by all staff.